Scottish Lecture Tour Announced
Doctors of the Game® author Billy Dettlaff has been engaged in a four-appearance lecture tour of Scotland for October 2017. He will be making appearances in Musselburgh, St. Andrews, Dornoch and Edinburgh over an 11-day stretch from October 2 through October 12. Watch this page for more details as they become available.
About the Author
BILLY DETTLAFF has over 40 years in the business of golf as a caddie, assistant professional, Director of Golf and Regional Director of Operations for one of golf’s leading golf management companies. His tenured experience in the field is enhanced by a college major in Journalism/Photography with a Minor in Radio/TV/Film from the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. He is an accomplished public speaker, a published author, collector and historian of the game having spent decades researching its history. These combined experiences allow him to deliver a unique view of the sport, which have be embodied in his latest book DOCTORS OF THE GAME® released in September 2016. Some of his notable personal achievements include the following:
- Author – A Storytellers Guide – THE PLAYERS & TPC Sawgrass – Approximately 40,000 copies
- Author – PGA of America – The Official PGA Centennial Commemorative Book – Approximately 18,000 copies
- Author – Doctors of the Game history book released in Fall 2016
- Authored the programming and instructor for HUG / HEAL Junior Golf Camp for Autism, serving children since 2009
- Presented on PGA Merchandise Show Forum Stage – January 2016 to discuss the PGA Centennial Book. Joined by Hal Sutton, John Steinbreder, Dennis Satysur and Matt Adams
- Appeared on “Fairways of Life” nationally syndicated radio golf talk show hosted by Matt Adams January 2016
- PGA Education Master Professional Adjunct Faculty Member since 2009
- Speaking at PGA Education Conferences since 1980s
- Authored golf articles for various golf magazines including a monthly golf instruction feature for South Florida Golfer Magazine in the 1980s
- Named by Golf Inc. Magazine as one of golf’s “Most Admired Operators” in 2006
- Board of Directors – American Junior Golf Association since 2010
- Founder and Tournament Chairman since 2007 – The Junior PLAYERS Championship, TPC Sawgrass / PGA Tour
- Consultant – PGA Tour (Junior Players Championship)
- Featured in January 2016 issue of PGA Magazine’s “PGA Profile”
Billy Dettlaff is available for speaking engagements, club operations assessments and consulting, golf photography, golf instruction, tournament operations, sports history research and history advisory consultant for entertainment and production products.
Billy Dettlaff and DOCTORS OF THE GAME® can provide a unique perspective on the business and the sport and is available to you and your company… Bring the spirit of the game and its rich history of honesty, integrity and persistence into your business arena… Bring the classic lessons and the perspectives that led to success in the business and sport of GOLF into your business as a roadmap for success…. Identify content advisors who can ensure that your production / product provides an authentic view of the sport and the business of golf…Contact DOCTORS OF THE GAME® directly for more information by using the form below.